Let us celebrate all those people across the globe that go out of their way to give service to their communities. If you have plans to mark the occasion, or have a story to share about how someone else has really made a difference to you, let us know.
And if you are looking for ways you can make a difference in your community here are some ideas:
- Volunteer in your community or for an organization.
- Be a mentor. Help a youth or another professional to gain new skills.
- Make a donation to a charity with meaning to you.
- Say a kind word of support to someone who is struggling.
- Put your skills to work. Sometimes our hobbies can bring joy to others in ways we least expect it.
- Make a hot meal for someone or a family who are struggling.
- Donate warm clothes as the winter has set in.
- Lend a listening ear to someone who is in need.
- Motivate someone to help themselves.
- Talk to an elderly who is living on their own as loneliness is one of the major concerns during old age.
- Keep your neighbourhood clean.
No matter what you decide to do to make a difference, do not forget to share it with your friends, family, neighbours and colleagues. Not with the intention to show off but to encourage and motivate people around you to take a step forward to impact someone’s life in a positive way.
Also, Listen to the Make a Difference bulletins on your local BBC radio station every day which are around the support provided during the pandemic by different organisations and individuals in our area.
You can also volunteer with us
In these Uncertain times during the Pandemic coming Together as a community has been a life saver. It has built a sense of solidarity and has strengthened communities in times of crisis. Contact us today and see how you can make a difference.